In the South– Saturday’s in the Fall mean one thing and one thing only…. TAILGATE SEASON 🙂 🙂 🙂
I’m not going to pretend I’m super into sports, or have a vast knowledge of the game itself…. but one thing I do know is how to tailgate!
Thus, I thought I would list a few key ingredients that when put together… make one sweet, sweet tailgate…
- Adult Beverages – My “must-have’s” for the cooler are Corona Light, Bud Light, and if your feeling a little bougie… black cherry white claw (low in sugar and carbs for you non-beer lovers)(find here). (Disclaimer—don’t be an idiot, drink responsibly…this is why we have uber/lyft/ cabs/ sober friends)
- Ice – don’t forget to stock up for the coolers…. because nothing causes a buzz kill more than warm beer???
- Snick Snacks – a word in my family we use for light appetizers. Some crowd pleasers are jalapeño poppers (one of my fav recipe’s here), BBQ meatballs (example here), buffalo chicken dip (example here), and fruit/ veggie tray
- Music- whatever genre gets you and your people groovin’! Make sure to bring a speaker and CHARGE it! One of the biggest party fouls is having the jam-sesh end mid-tailgate…..
- Hand Sanitizer- do I really need to explain?
- Napkins/ Paper towels –because intoxicated humans are messy
- Sunscreen – being preventative is HOT (get it?! Literally and metaphorically)
- Sunglasses – no one likes a squinter (is that a word?) in group pics 😉
Honestly, if you just surround yourself with good friends and good vibes… that alone will add up to one hell of a Saturday!
Untill next time friends…